Italy is a fabulous destination to travel to with kids – apart from the copious amounts of spaghetti, pizza and gelato, it is a captivating cultural experience. But there are some tricks to ensuring you get the most out of your family vacation. Jennifer Gargiulo, creator of blog Diary of An Expat in Singapore and kids Alexander (12) and Eliot (7), tells suitcases&strollers her hilarious essential kids need-to-knows for holidaying in her homeland (or travelling to Italy with kids).
· Do look up. There is beautiful architecture everywhere.
· Don’t look up for too long...there are also pigeons everywhere.
· Do order pizza – it's delicious.
· Don’t order pineapple on top...they'll think you're crazy.
· Do request gelato every day.
· Don’t expect them to have Oreo McFlurries.
· Don’t say “ciao” to adults; they prefer “buongiorno”.
· Do lose a tooth. The fairy leaves Euros.
· Don't forget your camera. Where else can you see a nun on a Vespa?
For more tips on traveling with kids in Italy, see the suitcases&strollers stories Florence Insider and Tours of Italy: The Amalfi Coast With Kids
By Jennifer Gargiulo of Diary of An Expat in Singapore